Saturday, September 29, 2012

Resources

This week's MOOC activity had several resources that I feel would be beneficial to educators. I looked over materials from North Carolina Virtual Public School. I feel the material from this resource would not only be beneficial for those who are trying to become online teachers, but for all educators. The videos and screencasts posted made me wonder how much this field is growing. Many teachers received specific training in "classroom management" prior to getting their teaching certificate. It is interesting that to wonder how different "classroom management" could be in a virtual setting.

I also reviewed material posted by Joe Cozort from Georgia Virtual School. Although I had previously read that on of the benefits of online classes is that teachers as well as students quickly have data that can be used to help plan lessons and target instruction, I was struck by how useful that data could be as I saw the different ways data is being used for Georgia Virtual. There seems to be a good plan in place to both evaluate teachers and to evaluate the material that students are using.

No comments:

Post a Comment